This wintertime, there’s no better place to entertain family and friends than your spacious and comfortable Simms Development home. With contemporary features like a gas fireplace, a sophisticated audio system, high-tech smart features, and of course, a trendy kitchen, your home is a haven for holiday fun.
Whether you’re hosting a big dinner party or a casual get-together with your favorite hors d’oeuvres, holiday cocktails are a great way to get everyone feeling merry and bright. This year, we asked a few of our Simms Development team members what they love to serve, and we can’t wait to let you in on the best recipes… From holiday margaritas to photo-worthy martinis, here are the tastiest treats of the season:
Rachel (Customer Service Director, Closings and Marketing Coordinator): Cranberry GINger Fizz
- 1½ oz. your favorite gin
- 1 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1½ oz. cranberry juice
- Ginger ale
- Rosemary sprig (optional)
- 3 or 4 fresh cranberries (optional)
- Fill a cocktail glass with ice. Pour gin, orange juice, and cranberry juice over the ice.
- Stir gently, then top off with ginger ale. Garnish with rosemary and cranberries.
Wende (Accounts Payable): Spiked Peppermint Hot Chocolate
- 3 c. whole milk
- 2/3 c. chocolate chips
- 1/4 c. sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 oz. peppermint schnapps (per glass)
- 1 1/4 oz. creme de cocoa (per glass)
- Marshmallows and crushed peppermint candies or candy canes
- In a medium saucepan, add the milk, chocolate chips, sugar, and salt.
- Heat on medium-low heat, whisking frequently.
- Continue whisking until the chocolate melts completely and the mixture comes to a low simmer. (Do NOT let boil, as it will burn to the bottom of the pan.) Once the liquid comes to a low simmer, promptly remove from heat.
- To 3 medium mugs, add 1 1/4 oz. (1 shot) of the peppermint schnapps and creme de cocoa.
- Ladle in the hot chocolate to each mug.
- Top with marshmallows and crushed peppermints. Enjoy right away while hot.
Tracey (Vice President Accounting and Finance): Jingle Juice (punch for the whole group)!
- 4 c. cran-apple juice
- 2 bottles red moscato
- 1 bottle prosecco
- 1/2 c. vodka
- 2 c. frozen cranberries
- 1/3 c. mint leaves
- 1/2 c. sugar (for rimming glasses)
- 2 limes, sliced into rounds
- Combine all ingredients in a punch bowl, stir together.
- Using a wedge of lime, wet the rim of your glasses. Dip in sugar until coated.
Trina (Purchasing Manager): Spiked Eggnog
- 1 quart eggnog
- 1/4 cup 100-proof spiced rum
- 1/4 cup Kahlua
- 2 tbsp. Kentucky bourbon
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground cloves
- Ground nutmeg
- In a blender, add eggnog, rum, Kahlua, bourbon and vanilla.
- In a small dish, shake equal amounts of each of the three spices and mix together, then portion out 1/4 teaspoon of the spice mix and add to the eggnog mixture.
- Hold the rest to sprinkle on the finished filled glasses.
- Pulse the blender just a few seconds to blend ingredients.
- Carefully pour eggnog into each glass and sprinkle a little of the reserved spice mix over the top of each and serve immediately.
Mandy (Sales Representative): White Russian
- 1.5 oz. Smirnoff vanilla vodka
- 1 oz. Kahlua
- Whipping cream
- Build in tall rocks glass. Pour Smirnoff vanilla vodka and Kahlua.
- Fill with 1/2 heavy whipping cream and 1/2 milk. Shake and serve.
Robi (VP of Sales and Marketing): Old Fashioned
- 1 sugar cube (or 1 bar spoon simple syrup)
- 2 dashes Angostura bitter
- 2 oz. rye or bourbon
- Orange twist
- Maraschino cherries
- At the bottom of a chilled rocks glass, muddle the sugar cube and bitters with a bar spoon of water. If you’re using simple syrup, combine bitters and a bar spoon of syrup.
- Add rye or bourbon and stir.
- Add one large ice cube (or three or four smaller cubes), and stir for about 30 seconds until chilled and properly diluted.
- Slip the orange twist on the side of the cube.
Karri (Sales Representative): Cranberry Lime Vodka Tonic
- 2 oz. cranberry vodka
- 4 oz. tonic water
- 1/2 oz. lime juice
- 1-2 lime wedges
- Fill a highball glass with ice. Add vodka and lime juice.
- Top with tonic water and garnish with lime wedges.
No matter what you decide to sip on this holiday season, the greatest gift of all is having the people you love in your Simms Development home. Turn on the twinkling lights, hit the holiday tunes, and pass around the glasses… it’s time to toast to the best season of all. Happy early holiday season!
Share this Post