The Simms Tradition
Four generations of homebuilders in the Dayton area have established the Simms Tradition that is recognized throughout the building industry. With nearly a century of developing some of the finest neighborhoods in the Miami Valley, the Simms family has continually met the demands of today's homebuyers.
In 1903 the Wright Brothers practiced flying at Simms Station, the Simms family farm. Since then, Dayton's history and the Simms name have been intertwined.
Alexander Simms, a major developer in the south and east Dayton areas, pioneered the Simms Tradition of "Quality Comes First". In a move ahead of the times, Alex's wife, Dorothy, ran the business for 3 years while he served as a fighter pilot in World War II.
In 1957 Charles V. Simms founded Charles V. Simms Development and continued the Simms Tradition in single family, condominium, and apartment development. Starting in 1983 working with his son, Charles H. Simms, they have offered innovative home designs in the most desirable locations and won the coveted National Multi-Family Builder of the Year Award in 1995.
A new era began in 1996 with Charles H. Simms carrying on the Simms Tradition by purchasing his father's company. Now, thirty years later, Charles H. Simms has built over 1500 homes, townhomes and condos and continues to provide the "Quality Comes First" leadership the Simms Family is known for in Dayton and the Miami Valley.